Sunday, August 3, 2014

Anthea's books for Jamie


While sewing this block up for you Jamie, I mused that it would have been fun selecting fabrics that felt connected to particular books.  I wonder what would have come out if I'd done that rather than the completely random method of pulling only from the scraps and trying to choose a wide variety of colours and patterns.  What seems to be on this section of shelf is a complete mish-mash of genres: Gerald Durrell's memoirs, a couple of old high school text books, some magic realism novels and possibly a cooking tome.  Have fun putting the bookshelf together Jamie.

I'll be absent for all of September and two weeks of October everyone - we will be touring New Zealand in a motorhome.  So I am hoping the hosts of the next two months won't want anything too quickly - let me know if you do Pam and Claire and I'll try to complete it this month.

Anthea x

3 comments:

  1. Your bookshelf looks great! And don't worry about timing for my block in October, still deciding!! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I absolutely love the colours!!! So funky! :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete