Monday, April 25, 2016

May/June Blocks

Hi Ladies,
As a relatively new quilter, I am learning as I go and enjoying the process.  So far, I've had the opportunity to gift away each quilt that I have made so for this time around, I have decided to make one that my family and I will enjoy using together as a beach quilt.  I realize that I am jumping the gun a bit on getting my idea out there for the May/June blocks.  Please don't feel rushed, I am simply trying to cross one more thing of the 'to-do' list by posting this now.

So . . . my idea comes from this block


I found the instructions using this link.

http://www.aquiltinglife.com/2013/10/string-quilt-blocks-tutorial.html

I am looking for bright, bold colours and bright, bold, geometric patterns too.  My plan is to be able to put them together to make nice big blocks with navy sashing.  If you have any fabric that also has a nice navy accent, that would help to ground it, too.  In this particular link, she uses a white fabric in behind the strips to help to attach them.  I'm ok if you choose not to use this as well.

If you follow the directions, and make 4 smaller squares that are 8 1/2 inches each and attach them,  it will make one final block that it 16 inches square.

I hope I've given enough info for everyone to get started!

Thanks so much!
Rochelle

1 comment:

  1. Rochelle, this quilt looks so fun! It feels reminescent of a pattern we worked on together a few years ago...it is the Perfect design for our group, with varying stashes and styles... can't wait to see it come together. I am going to get started on it this weekend!! xo Katy
    ps your sail boat blocks were perfect and I am putting them together with the rest, slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete