Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Birthday Quilt

 I am almost finished with the quilt top that I have been working on here and there for the last several weekends.


I started with these Gypsy Bandana Frames:


(They are on sale now at equilter.com! http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=135085&sid=31U9Hz2xr2@w1Cm-20112318904.5b


Also available in pink: http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=134957&sid=31U9Hz2xr2@w1Cm-20112318904.5b


I had six frames total. I cut them apart and added white and blue sashing. Then from my stash I created a diagonal border using a color pattern of blue, green, orange, yellow, red, and stripe or b & w in strips of 3 inches wide, 2 inches wide, 3 inches wide, 2 inches wide, etc.




I still don't have a great way to photograph my finished work but here is the general idea:


And a couple of up close details:





This is the first time I have used much white in a quilt but I like the trend that I am seeing in the other quilt blogs. I look forward to adding some fun yellow designs in those white sections when I start quilting.

This quilt is for a friend in Colorado who just had a birthday this last week.


Hope everyone is well!

Jennifer








4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the techniques you used. I also love those squares. I'm pretty sure I have fabric from the same line. I used it to make a dress for Evie that she wore once. Hoping she'll pull it out in the spring again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Jennifer. I'm a big fan of white being used in quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colors contrasted with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this fabric...and I love the chance to see the work in progress. I also really like the border. Can't wait to see how you will quilt it!

    ReplyDelete