Friday, September 28, 2012

Hi everyone,

I've been keeping a pretty low profile here on the blog, but my month is coming up fast - I can hardly believe I'm thinking about November already.   As a test of my blogging prowess, here are a couple of pictures of previous months blocks. The sewing machine I'm using was giving me trouble for much of the end of the summer, but I'm back on track now!


I did a carpenter star of my own, but made this one for Shauna as a birthday present. It was incredibly late, but it is in the mail to you now Hayley!


This one took me longer than I thought but it was fun.  Hope the slanty strips are ok!

Looking forward to next month's block!

Micaela


6 comments:

  1. Hello Michaela, Thanks for posting your beautiful work, great to hear from you!I love the bright green that you used for the carpenter's star. I have one cut out for myself too but I have not sewed it together. I really liked putting together Hayley's block too. The details and fabrics that you put in Chris' block are fresh and fun. Looking forward to seeing what you have for us in November.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green in the carpenter's star! And the slant of the stripes in Chris' blocks. I always look forward to the first of the month to see what new block we have! Can't wait for November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I love the slanted lines you used for Chris' block. Looks really funky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Micaela, what a creative take! I can't wait to receive your block and start piecing them altogether. It's been such a joy seeing everyone's work displayed and then waiting for blocks to arrive in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micaela! So very glad that you posted your fantastic work! Your quilting is exploding - considering that you just started piecing only 5 months ago! Wow. Thank you for doing the July block for me. A great gift. Love the fresh looking green fabric. Yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete