Thursday, October 25, 2012

International Stashes Meeting: Switzerland

Today was such a fun day! I met up with Linsay this morning and she kindly gave me a hands-on tutorial on sewing together hexagons. We enjoyed a nice cup of tea and the view from her dining room table as we worked:

Her adorable doggie kept us company:

Then I came home and finished. I thought I would like working this way, and now I can say I love it! Genevieve, thanks for introducing me (us) to hexagons and hand stitching! I will have your pieces in the mail tomorrow:

While at Linsay's I got to know more about our lovely bee member. I'm sure she would be too humble to share, so I will brag on her a bit. She is making 22 lined vests (!!!!) for the band at the school of  her daughters. They will be used for a holiday program:

Lindsay has so many beautiful quilted pieces around her home, each one has a wonderful story behind it. This piece I just loved...she made it while living in Australia. The picture does not do it justice, there are so many fabrics, techniques, and other little bits to study and enjoy:

I also got to take a sneak peek at the blocks that we all made for Linsay in September. They are vibrant together and I know Linsay will add her magic touch and have another unique quilt to add to her collection.
Thanks Linsay for a great day!
Jennifer

PS: Book Recommendation
My Hega-go-go book arrived! If you have enjoyed sitting and sewing together hexagons, 
this book is full of fresh and fun new ideas!
Hexa go go
by 

 Tacha Bruecher





3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great day! The block looks awsome! I love the fabrics you chose.
    Linsay - your quilt and vests are fantastic!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely morning of chatting, drinking tea and sewing. All the things that I love doing. This quilt group has brought me more fun and friends than I could have imagined this time last year. I thought that the whole online group idea sounded good but in fact it has been great. Thanks for coming round Jennifer, it was lovely.
    Linsay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have a glimpse into the life of Linsay :) So very nice of you to make that many vest for your daughters school band! A grand undertaking. Jennifer, I love the green flannels you used for your hex's. Cheers, Shauna

    ReplyDelete