I had big plans for today. I had a list of errands, the girls were all booked in at the daycare at the gym, and then... Evie got sick! Plans canceled. Instead of waking up to a sick child, I was awoken with "who let the dogs out" at the top of her lungs... So, we had a day in, the girls played nicely, the baby napped as she was supposed to, and I finished my January/Charity blocks! For the charity blocks, (I admit, I went for the easy ones), I chose to repeat the square I did for the previous charity quilt. I loved how the solids and print boldly played off of each other. I used all prints this time, and varied the black and white fabric (I didn't have enough of the bold polka dot, but I really like how it turned out- the polka dots seem to draw your eye to the center and the corners, and the softer black and white allow yours eyes to rest). I also varied the blue fabric in the second square, also due to lack of yardage, but I think it makes what could be a boring square into one a bit more interesting. And on to Jennifer's squares... I really like how they turned out! I wasn't sure, but I think I chose the right prints for each part. I think the boldness of the red in the first one stands out even with the brightness of the green. I like how the white allows the red and blue to pop. And... I am rather impressed with how neat MOST of my corners are. This past year has really trained me to more of a perfectionist (notice how I say more of one...) and it has really helped me visualize how to arrange my fabrics. A great start to this year of quilting!!!