Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jennifer's block(s) for Meg

Hello Everyone,

I think I definitely grew a few new brain cells with this one! Just a couple of simple tips included in the directions on rotary cutting really helped my strips and then squares to be more accurately measured. I have always used the mat to measure (even though I have been warned that mats can warp and not be accurate). So this time I used the markings only on the ruler worked!

Meg, I hope the blue fabrics I chose are what you were hoping for. I probably struggled more with fabric choices this time than with anything else.

And finally...I spent a lot of time reading and rereading instructions. I kept getting confused with the references to light, medium, and dark  fabrics. If you are a visual person like I am, here is a photo of all of my fabrics (complete with kitty fur ball!) before I started sewing them together:

Thanks Meg for another interesting, engaging, and skill building project for our quilting group! This is going to be one more beautiful quilt to add to the collection made by "us!"



  1. It made me smile to read your comment regarding trickiness of choosing fabrics Jennifer. I so know what you mean. I've had a couple of goes at selecting appropriate blues - and then gone back a third time. Finally I think I've got it Meg and am in the middle of sewing now.

  2. Love, love, love it! Your fabric choices are beautiful. I can't wait to see it!!! Thank you sooooo much:) xo Meg