Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Crazy Block for Micaela

Happy Christmas Micaela.  I finished your block last night and confess that it was a lot of fun.  I rather like the "shard" look to it, but I am nervously hoping that the colours are what you're after.  I am concerned that some of my light browns are looking a tad to close to peach for your liking. Hopefully there are enough suitable greens and blues to distract you.

I was well and truly out of my comfort zone at first - lots of little insane patches all over the ironing board, all over the floor, all over the cutting mat, multiplying everywhere.  But it did start to make sense after a while.  I found that once the sub-crazies got to a certain size, I could start to imagine how they were going to connect with each other, which enabled me to figure out what extra's I needed to attach.

Obviously my scraps were way smaller than Jennifer's delightful version, but I hope the variation will suit you Micaela.  At times I really did wonder why I used such small pieces of fabric, especially when some of them disappeared to only the white background (spot the learner) or got trimmed off.

Thank you to Amy and Jennifer for kindly passing some of your scraps to me.  Best wishes for the year ahead.

Anthea xx

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Anthea! I love the softness of the colors, and the intricacy of your cuts is just stunning!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthea, I love it! Thank you so much!! I always love your soft colours, and the spikiness of your pieces reminds me of stained glass. I am really glad you had fun with it, but if anyone else is thinking that this is too complicated, feel free to use bigger pieces. I don't want it to take forever!

    ReplyDelete