Thankfully, the fear was way worse than the actual sewing. I'm really happy with how the quilt turned out, given that it was my first one ever (besides baby quilts and flannel throws, which don't really count, do they?). I love the retro backing fabric I found for it at Tonic Living.
I found great joy in remembering how each person's fabrics contributed to the final look and feel, and took time to really look at each little 3x3 block when I was top stitching the final squares this Saturday. I haven't washed it yet so I think it will take on a more wrinkled appearance after that, which I'll like very much. I need to sew in the dangling threads still but it's 99% done!
The kids and I had fun playing ISpye this morning with it...I see a bird, a boy, a butterfly, a lemon! A castle, a princess, a worm, an owl!
Thank you all for helping make my first quilt! I'm now ready to tackle the "Colour Value HST quilt" from last year, with the goal of having it done before April!!!