Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Jamie's January Block for Jennifer

I was very excited to get started with International Stashes in the new year, but also a bit nervous due to my lack of experience. I got a bit more nervous when I saw that we weren't supposed to use our rulers for this one. I hope it makes sense when I say that I didn't feel like I had enough experience with rulers, to be able to do this without one. I totally flubbed a few parts for this reason, and had to make up for this by making a smaller seam allowance, and even sewing on a couple extra centimetres of fabric in some cases. I hope it still looks ok in the grand scheme of things! I also had a bobbin issue right as I was getting ready to put it all together (late at this point!) and so had to send the pieces for Jennifer to put together. I figured at least this way she could make sure to get them together the way she wanted. All in all, it was a great learning experience, and got me excited about the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment