Saturday, March 1, 2014

Amy's whirligig for Anthea

Maybe I am a keener…! I have nothing on my sewing list, so I was happy to get this done right away. I love this square! It is so lovely and so so easy. In fact, Anthea, are you sure you only want one? It took less than thirty minutes. I hope these greens are what you had in mind! I know you like Amy Butler, so I tried to find a print that fit your requirements. The only comment I have is that I wasn't totally paying attention when cutting my white squares. I had to recut them because I didn't cut them opposite of each other. Otherwise, this was so simple and fun to do!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you are keen Amy. Thankyou so very much, I love it. Yes I do love Amy Butler and your chosen fabric is gorgeous. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
    I felt too cheeky asking for more than one block. Especially because I haven't quite decided whether to make an entire quilt top out of whirlygiggles or something like s.o.t.a.k handmade's puzzle quilt (check out sotakhandmade.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-puzzle-finished-quilt on 26 December 2012 if you are interested). So if you really would like to whip up another, then I would gratefully and humbley love it.
    And if you are really scratching around for things to do, then I'd have you over here Amy - there is a half completed dress, the hems of my bedroom curtains and a pile of mending to finish off at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric, Amy. I haven't seen it until now. Still needing to use my quilting bee gift certificate to Hancocks, perhaps this fabric will go in my basket!
    xoJennifer

    ReplyDelete