Monday, February 13, 2012

Mended Hearts Quilt

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!


I wanted to share a quilt that my mom made for me in 2002. It's called a Mended Hearts quilt. She made it in a class and everyone shared fabrics to add more variety. The blocks are made individually...top, batting, backing, and then sewn together with a zig zag stitch.




Since each block is made separately, the back of the quilt ends up looking very interesting too. The little hearts added on top of where four blocks come together are there to cover up any imperfections in areas that did not match up perfectly (my type of sewing!).




This technique (my mom just explained it to me yesterday) has made me start to think of what other fun things I (we!) could do with this same technique.
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer! This is so beautiful... I would love to see it in 3D... Is it flannel material or cotton? Sort of like the baby quilt idea I use with flannel. Really wonderful that you can share your love of sewing and quilting with your mom. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete