Monday, January 28, 2013

Charity Quilt 2012


Hi everyone, I am finally posting my blocks for last year's charity quilt. I had lots of fun experimenting with the colours and pattern. In the end, I created a block of my own design, yes, believe it or not (the second picture). Or perhaps, it already exists? Anyhow, I just changed the layout of my first block to what I think is a more appealing design. Amy Butler and Prints Charming... and I'm happy! And of course, loving the thought that our quilt will end up in New Mexico keeping someone in need nice and warm. Thanks to Jennifer's mom and her quilting group :)

1 comment:

  1. Chris I am so impressed that you came up with your own design for the second block. I especially like that you didn't just use four pieces of fabric for the sides but created extra detail with 12 separate squares. Your color choices are great too, each fabric has a distinct voice in that block. Well done!
    xoJennifer
    PS: I like the first one too!! It is the calm, quiet, sophisticated sister to the modern, sassy second block! :-)

    ReplyDelete