Monday, January 28, 2013

Chris' blocks for Jennifer




What a great way to start the year, the thought of snowflakes and a winter themed quilt... such a contrast to our hot, hot summer here in Western Australia. Thank you Jennifer, I enjoyed making these for you. I must admit the Party Hats pattern (second picture) was chosen cos it looked nice and simple :). I'm happy with the effect...and am loving your olive green dots!! I look forward to seeing more snowflakes.

And, just for fun, and to add some warmth to your winter....here's where we spent our recent summer holiday.


2 comments:

  1. First of all let me just say I am SO JEALOUS of the beach photo. What I would give right now to be in a hot sunny location. The only good thing about January-March in Switzerland is that they are excellent months for some focused quilting!
    It is so fun to see the blocks for the winter quilt coming together. I have forgotten which fabrics got sent to which person so it is always a wonderful surprise to see what each person has decided to do with the fabrics received. I love what you have done with both blocks, the colors really pop against each other. Two happy additions to my quilt. Thank you friend! ;-)
    xoJennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your Star within a Star has turned out Chris. Those green dots look refreshing against the blue and off-white. Both blocks look really sharp. I especially like the background - nice and lush. And was the Party Hats as easy as you thought it was going to be?

    ReplyDelete