Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Night Quilting

Hi Everyone! I  wanted to share a baby quilt top that I made this evening. It is using the pattern to one of our projects from last year...that's right...it is Shauna's quilt!



I don't have to layer and quilt it, this is a project I am doing with my aunt who lives in Minneapolis. I just have to send her the top and she will finish everything for me. It will go to a charity event at her church. It was so fun to make this pattern again and experiment with new colors and fabrics.

Happy Weekend!

xoJennifer
                                                                UPDATE!

With fresh eyes on Saturday morning I decided to make all the borders from the same fabric (I ran out of the fabric that I used for the top and bottom in the photo above, so I had to improvise on the sides). I like all the borders the same much better. What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. I like it! Both and before the border changes. It is such a happy, bright quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Jennifer, I never even noticed the first version of the borders until you pointed it out - I think I was just impressed with those lovely vibrant circles. But deep down, I am with you, the same border is great - bolder somehow to match the rest of the quilt.
    And how lovely for it to be a combined project with your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete