I am very happy with how this quilt has turned out. I was going to do all the sashing in blue but the colour was too cold so I decided on yellow which reminds me of the Moroccan sunshine. I used the blue for the little squares at the corners of each block. I used three different yellow fabrics and two blues to keep the overall look scrappy. My original idea for the border was to do one coloured square alternating with a white square but the pattern didn't work so the white squares have gone down the sides and the coloured ones at the top and bottom.
This quit is for Flora and she is impatient for it to be quilted. I am waiting for the batting to come through the post and I am itching to get going with some hand quilting. I have a collection of white shirt buttons from Calum's old shirts and I am thinking of putting them in the white areas of the original blocks.