Monday, July 8, 2013

Linsay's blocks for Doris

I spent a very happy couple of hours yesterday cutting and piecing these blocks.  Once I started I couldn't stop.  I didn't have any fabrics with text but I did have some with a music score so I used that.  I just bought a really nice red-on-white fabric with seaside buildings, little beach huts and lighthouses which I have included too.  The next time I am in the patchwork shop I am going to be searching for text prints.  I love this kind of quilt with a strong structure and a wild mixture of different fabrics - it's going to be lovely.
Linsay.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Linsay! Love the music notes, the house fabric, the scissors, the colors, all of it! Glad you had fun with them. I made this block the first time for a different Bee (someone's else requested these) and I fell head over heels for the pattern then. So muh fun seeing them come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so dramatic Linsay. There are lots of great fabrics in there (love that green and blue in the first block) and both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a variety of prints, stripes, and geometrics! There is going to be so much to discover on this quilt. Nice work, Linsay (as always!).
    xoJennifer

    ReplyDelete