Saturday, September 28, 2013

Another Block for Stephanie!

I once again had fun digging through my scraps to find some of my favorite pieces for Stephanie's blocks. I appreciated Anthea's careful thought, research, and explanation of what she discovered about Kaffe Fassetts fabrics...saturated with color with no white. I tried to stick with this idea as I worked. I was also thinking of Katy's value project from February and tried to include some lights, mediums, and darks. I found the technique of sewing on the paper to be easy, the tutorial was very simple to follow. Thanks Stephanie, here is a sneak peek at your block, it will be in the mail on Monday... just in time!

And just a gentle and friendly reminder about our charity quilt. Below is what we have so far. I'd like to have the blocks by mid-December so that I can work on the top over the Christmas break. You can make one or two (or more!) blocks and feel free to cut doubles and make two of the same block, size: 12.5 unfinished.



The backing fabric:

This quilt will be for a boy or a girl.
Thanks everyone!
xo Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Your lovely string block looks like a fun scrappy rainbow Jennifer. I am sure Stephanie will appreciate it.
    The black & white fabrics you have used in the charity blocks are fabulous, they are all somehow restrained and yet also very striking. I have completed one block and have its partner to get on with. Anyone found the secret to discovering an extra day in the week?

    ReplyDelete