And here are just a few more notes that might help our other group members:
- This was a good project to work on in stages. One night I cut everything out, another night I sewed my half square triangles and squared them up, and then finally today I started sewing it all together.
- For some reason I missed the request on Amy's post to use at least 6 reds and 4 greens. I used 6 reds and 3 greens. As I started assembling the area outside of the star, I wished I had cut more of a variety of both reds and greens.
- Sewing the pieces together in small groupings was helpful. These were my stages:
The center star:
The four corners:
The four sides:
As Amy suggested, it was extremely helpful to take pictures as I worked so that I could keep track of where every piece belonged and to be sure the pieces were all turned in the right direction.
So now my block is going to hang on my design wall
for a few days before I send it ...just so I can admire it!
Thanks Amy, I'm glad I could be a part of this quilt for your parents!